Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Sanwich Generation and Caring for Persons with Dementia

Advice for the Sandwich Generation: a Mini Q&A with an Expert
Geoff WilliamsJul 14th 2008 at 10:30AM
Filed under: Dementia
When I first heard of the phrase, sandwich generation, I naturally thought I was a member, just as I would have figured people were talking about me if they had said the Pizza Generation or the Ice Cream Generation... Sigh, I really do need to drop a few pounds. Anyway, as many of you likely know, the sandwich generation refers to the time of your life when you're probably still taking care of your kids to some degree -- maybe they're finishing high school or starting college -- and the time of your life when you're taking care of your parents -- like running errands for them, helping them fill out insurance forms or finding them a new place to live. If they have Alzheimer's disease or a related dementia, it can be most difficult.

This interview may help you find the answers you need
click here for the whole story

No comments: