Sunday, May 10, 2009


Seattle Parenting Examiner
Kristy S-Y
My Mom has passed on. It wasn’t hard to accept: she had cancer and was suffering from Dementia. She lived with us her last year and a half and it was extremely hard to watch as she deteriorated and in the end, she would often forget where she was and didn’t even recognize her beloved cat. But, I know that she was better off with us and I am grateful we were in a position to have her here. I try to focus on what she was like before she became ill and remember what she was like as my Mom. Here is one of my strongest Mother’s Day memories I have of her.......read this article

What great memories are you making with your MOM?

For a great resource for those with dementia, caregivers and healthcare professinals, click here

For information on being the best caregiver you can be, click here

For interesting dementia articles and activities, click here

No comments: