Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Elder Care & Elder Rage: Know the Warning Signs of Alzheimer's!

News Blaze
By Jacqueline Marcell
For eleven years I pleaded with my elderly father to allow a caregiver to help him with my ailing mother, but after 55 years of loving each other - he adamantly insisted on taking care of her himself. Every caregiver I hired to help him sighed in exasperation, "Jacqueline, I just can't work with your father-his temper is impossible to handle. I don't think you'll be able to get him to accept help until he's on his knees himself."

My father had always been 90% great, but boy-oh-boy that bad temper was a doozy. He'd never turned it on me before, but then again - I'd never gone against his wishes either. When my mother nearly died...read the whole story

No comments: